Tuesday, June 2, 2009

cherry blossom festival

From Osaka to Asakusa, I LOVE Japan! 
This Saturday I was lucky that our local Library held a free Japanese festival! ("free" being a subjective term...) there were many people dressed up in kimonos, karate outfits, and anime costumes. (I was absolutely green with envy.) I watched someone play the koto, (one of my favorite instruments) and I got to see alot of bonsai. my best friend, who can draw flawless manga comics, was there to enter the anime competition. I foolishly entered too.
this is my inferior excuse for a manga picture. everyone else at my table had great drawing skill, something I don't possess.

despite my inferiority complex, I had a lot of fun! (even though I was there for about an hour...) 
I look forward to next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment